Thursday, June 24, 2010

Notes from a father

六月刊的 CLEO 八卦到为父者的感言,个别访问了本地著名设计师和两位 DJ ,我对其中 Bernard Chandran 留给宝贝女儿的话感触最深。

[ We hear what these young dads have to say to their daughters about boys, life and fatherhood. ]

“When your mother told me she was pregnant with you, I…”
was very certain that you were a baby girl as I believe you were conceived during our trip to this wonderful place named Kanyakumari, a serene place in the Tamil Nadu district hence why we named you after the heroine of the little town – Tanyakumari.

“Before I met you I was…”
wondering what our family would be like with a little girl around.

“I want you to know that…”
your mum and I will always be there for you. Our house will always be a safe haven for you and your brothers.

“The greatest joy of my life thus far is…”
how close-knit our family is.

“I know you will grow up to be…”
a confident, caring and loving person with a big heart.

“Just remember, your dear old dad will…”
always treat you as my little princess and look forward to your big bear hugs.

“If I could tell you one thing about boys it would be…”
they prefer girls who are natural and confident with themselves so you don’t have to try too hard to impress them. (like)

“Don’t date a guy who…”
has no intention of introducing you to his family, does not talk much about his family nor interested in your family.

“A guy is lying if he…”
is always talking big as if to cover his insecurities. Always trust your intuition.

“The most important lesson I’ve learnt is…”
to make every moment of your life count, especially time spent with family.

“I look at you today and I am filled with…”
pride. You are growing into a confident and extremely chic young lady.

现在终于明白了父亲根本就是笨角色,他们从不让自己的宝贝女儿受到丝毫委屈。难怪出嫁那天,爸爸老泪纵横,因为心里明白,世上只有父爱是不会和
计较回报率有多少。

试问天底下哪有这种傻瓜啦?!

难道不是吗?从小到大吃他的住他的,心情不好还可以给脸色他看,不高兴就随性摔门,而他依然会对妳笑嘻嘻,逗妳开心,自己的烦恼和无奈默默啃下来………… 暗捶。爸爸总是在孩子面前强颜欢笑,所以很多时候我都忘了爸妈也是普通人。




迟早有一天老公会嫌弃老婆人老珠黄,但爸爸是世上唯一的一个男人永远觉得妳不会老。


如有雷同,纯属巧合

3 comments:

King Kong said...

我很认同。

不知是不是真的好像人家说的一样,年纪越大就越明白父母亲的感受。

et Shuben™ said...

King Kong
当我们的年纪越来越大就意味着和父母相处的日子越来越短了…………

虽说生老病死乃是自然规律,但还是害怕 “那一天” 的到来,特别是像我这种在溺爱环境长大的老小孩。

Qing aka 莉晴 said...

娃喜欢最后一句。 :D